Monday, April 11, 2011

New Ward = New Callings

We met for the first time as a new ward today. It was weird being in the same building and seeing some of the same faces.... but there are so many people that I don't recognize - including the bishopric. We had never met any of them before. This is going to take some time to get use to!!

Since we are part of a new ward, that meant we were automatically released from our callings. I was so incredibly sad!!! (I don't think that phrase adequately described how I felt)

I have loved serving in the young womens for the past almost 2 years. I have made so many unexpected friends. My testimony has been strengthened. I have had amazing opportunities to participate in youth activities, girls camp, cabin retreats, fundraisers and the list goes on. I have worked with some of the most amazing young women. They know so much about the gospel and they know who they really are and what their goals are. The entire experience was incredible.....I did not want it to end. But that is what life is all about....change.

I was also sad to realize that Mike would no longer be Kenneth's young mens/scout leader. The young men have had an equally amazing program! I know that Kenneth has been blessed because of the different leaders he has worked with for the last couple of years. I am so very thankful for each one of them and their dedication to these young men.

Kenneth was also released from his calling as Deacon's Quorum president.

So onto our new callings today:

Mike was called to be the 1st counselor in the Young Mens. Instead of working with the Deacons - he will now work with the Teachers Quorum. (Kenneth will join them in June when he turns 14).

I was called to be the 1st counselor in the Young Womens - so I get to work with the same age group - the Mia Maids! I am working with an entirely different group of leaders and the girls are mostly new to me. I am nervous, yet excited at the same time.

Kenneth said there are only 3 deacons total and the other 2 are a year younger than him in school. He is looking forward to his birthday in June when he will join his friend Josh in the Teacher's Quorum.

We have been praying that this transition will be smooth and that we will love our new ward as much as our last.

No comments:

Post a Comment